About the Course
This course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of test fundamentals for mobile applications. It is ideal for testers experienced with the development of web-based, PC, and client-server applications, entry-level testers with an interest in mobile testing, and experienced developers with a lot to a little knowledge of testing who work in mobile app development.
Testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers working on mobile apps will find this course useful, informative, and fun.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Mobile Testing
- What is a Mobile Application
- Expectations from Mobile Users
- Challenges for Testers
- Necessary Skills
- Equipment Requirements
- Lifecycle Models
Chapter 2: Test Planning and Design
- Identify Functions and Attributes
- Identify and Assess Risks
- Determine Coverage Goals
- Determine Test Approach
- Identify Test Conditions for Mobile Testing
- Regression Testing
Chapter 3: Quality Characteristics for Mobile Testing
- Functional Testing
- Non-Functional Testing
Chapter 4: Environments and Tools
- Environments and Protocols
- Specific Application-Based Environment Considerations
- Real Devices, Simulators, Emulators and the Cloud
- Performance Test Tools and Support
- Test Automation
Chapter 5: Future-roofing
- Expect Rapid Growth
- Build for Change
- Plan for the Future
- Anticipating the Future
By the end of this course, an attendee should be able to:
- Identify and mitigate the challenges that face a mobile application tester.
- Plan, design and implement appropriate test cases for mobile applications.
- Work with other team members to identify and assess risks and to implement a testing solution to help mitigate those risks.
- Identify the applicable quality characteristics for a mobile application and identify an appropriate testing approach to address those characteristics.
- Participate in tool analysis and selection to select the most appropriate tools for conducting mobile application testing.
- Identify areas for non-functional testing and prepare appropriate tests for those areas.
- Understand the differences between the various mobile application types and select appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to test those applications.
- Effectively employ simulators, emulators, the cloud, and real devices for testing.
- Participate in planning for the future, including proper tool selection and building for maintainability.