About the Course
This course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on agile projects. Participants will learn how agile software development projects are organised, and the various types of agile development practices in common use. They will understand how agile development differs from traditional approaches, how to position testers in an agile organization, the fundamental agile testing principles, practices, and processes, and the skills they’ll need to excel in an agile environment.
Agile Software Development
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development.
- Aspects of Agile Approaches
Fundamental Agile Testing Principles, Practices, and Processes
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Status of Testing in Agile Projects
Agile Testing Methods, Techniques, and Tools
- Agile Testing Methods.
- Assessing Quality Risks and Estimating Test Effort.
- Assessing Quality Risks in Agile Projects.
- Estimating Testing Effort Based on Content and Risk.
- Techniques in Agile Projects
- Tools in Agile Projects.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Collaborate in an agile team, being familiar with agile principles and practices
- Adapt existing testing experience, knowledge, and best practices to agile projects
- Support the agile team in planning test-related activities
- Apply relevant test methods and techniques
- Assist in test automation
- Help business stakeholders define understandable and testable user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate and share information with other team members
- Work effectively within an agile team and environment